About the UNM Albuquerque/Main Dual Credit Program
The UNM Albuquerque/Main Dual Credit Program is a program designed provide high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn college credit while still enrolled in high school by taking University courses normally not offered at the high school.
For more information on the process and the necessary forms to apply, please take a look at our admissions process page.
2023-2024 Eligibility Criteria
Students are admitted to the UNM Dual Credit Program one semester at at time. This means they must meet the eligibility requirements listed below, submit a complete application packet, and be accepted to the Dual Credit Program each semester for which they wish to participate.
- A current Master Agreement is in place between UNM Albuquerque/Main and your high school (or you are home schooled)
- High school junior or senior standing
- Minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.5 (unweighted or flat GPA).
- Minimum college GPA of 2.5 (for returning students to the UNM Dual Credit Program and/or for new students who have taken dual credit courses at other institutions). Students with a UNM GPA of 2.5 -2.99 may take one course as a returning student. Students with a UNM GPA of 3.0 or higher may take up to two courses as a returning student.
- Earned a "C" or better in all attempted college courses. Students who earn grades of C-, D+, D, D-, F, NC, or W in any college courses are ineligible to continue in the UNM Albuquerque/Main Dual Credit Program.
- Minimum age of 16
The Benefits of Dual Credit:
- Tuition and general fees are waived (Note: All dual credit students are responsible for paying individual course fees out of pocket)
- School provides the textbooks (Note: Public schools only)
For more information on Dual Credit, please click one of the buttons below:
For more information on the Dual Credit and Concurrent Enrollment programs, please contact the Dual Credit Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Located: University Advisement and Enrichment Center, room 170. Building 85